News and Releases
- Young leaders visit Algol » 17.05.2017
- Algol makes a donation for Crisis Management Initiative » 28.04.2017
- Emergency exercise at Algol warehouses in Espoo on 5 April » 28.03.2017
- Histo-Center AB now part of Histolab Products AB and the Algol Group » 17.03.2017
- Algol Technics and Terex celebrate 60 years of cooperation » 06.01.2017
- Algol sponsors Aalto-Helsinki iGEM team » 18.10.2016
- Biocodex acquires Algol Pharma » 12.09.2016
- Algol Group's financial year 2015: major challenges but also significant progress » 08.08.2016
- CEO’s view: legality, morality and justice » 05.08.2016
- Johan Wulff appointed as Managing Director of Algol Trehab Oy » 29.04.2016
- Martin Evers appointed as the new MD for Algol Technics » 11.04.2016
- Algol Chemicals acquires Indian distributor » 25.01.2016
- Algol Group donates 50,000 euros to university fundraising campaigns » 12.01.2016
- Algol Group awarded new quality and environmental management system certificates » 27.08.2015
- Amixo AB is now part of Algol Chemicals » 01.07.2015
- Thomas Ekström appointed CFO of the Algol Group » 17.06.2015
- Siv Schalin appointed to the board of directors of the Algol Group » 15.06.2015
- Changes in the Diagnostics business of the Algol Group » 08.05.2014
Young leaders visit Algol
The Algol Group is participating in the “Thousand Young Leaders” project organised by Junior Chamber International Finland. The objective of the campaign is to bring together a thousand young people and business leaders to explore, experience and learn together what leadership means today. Following a day in the life of a business leader provides young people with an example of what kind of leadership and skills are required in business life. For the young participants the day represents both a personal challenge and an opportunity to gain experience that will help them build their own careers.
In May three young leaders had the chance to watch three of our own business leaders at work: Martin Evers, Managing Director of Algol Technics, Antto Shemeikka, Business Director at Algol Technics, and Eija Holmström, Director of HR, Communications, Corporate Responsibility for the Algol Group.
Eija Holmström was joined by Milla Kiisinen, who studies energy and environmental technology at Aalto University.
“Management today is a service profession,” Eija says. “What could be more important in management work than to create the conditions that enable the entire organisation and all its members to succeed in their work in the best possible way? Good management allows the entire organisation to prosper. It is the kind of work that I am glad to explain openly to everyone who is interested. The young engineering student got to experience a typical day in the life of a manager, including internal meetings, teleconferences and planning work. The day enabled a young person who is about to embark on her career to gain a better understanding of what lies ahead and her own potential for becoming a business leader one day.”
By participating in this campaign the Algol Group wants to raise its profile as a potential employee and to communicate the wide range of work opportunities available at Algol and our operations as a responsible and international family enterprise. The campaign continues next autumn, when we hope to receive even more visitors!
Further information about the project: http://1000nuortajohtajaa.fi
#1000nuortajohtajaa on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.