News and Releases
- Algol supports renovation of Olympic Stadium in Helsinki » 14.11.2017
- Algol Group becomes a partner of COBCOE » 02.11.2017
- Kenneth Nystén appointed member of the Algol Supervisory Board » 02.10.2017
- Building technology plays a key role in reducing electricity and energy consumption » 29.06.2017
- Young leaders visit Algol » 17.05.2017
- Algol makes a donation for Crisis Management Initiative » 28.04.2017
- Emergency exercise at Algol warehouses in Espoo on 5 April » 28.03.2017
- Histo-Center AB now part of Histolab Products AB and the Algol Group » 17.03.2017
- Algol Technics and Terex celebrate 60 years of cooperation » 06.01.2017
- Algol sponsors Aalto-Helsinki iGEM team » 18.10.2016
- Biocodex acquires Algol Pharma » 12.09.2016
- Algol Group's financial year 2015: major challenges but also significant progress » 08.08.2016
- CEO’s view: legality, morality and justice » 05.08.2016
- Johan Wulff appointed as Managing Director of Algol Trehab Oy » 29.04.2016
- Martin Evers appointed as the new MD for Algol Technics » 11.04.2016
- Algol Chemicals acquires Indian distributor » 25.01.2016
- Algol Group donates 50,000 euros to university fundraising campaigns » 12.01.2016
- Algol Group awarded new quality and environmental management system certificates » 27.08.2015
- Amixo AB is now part of Algol Chemicals » 01.07.2015
- Thomas Ekström appointed CFO of the Algol Group » 17.06.2015
- Siv Schalin appointed to the board of directors of the Algol Group » 15.06.2015
- Changes in the Diagnostics business of the Algol Group » 08.05.2014
Histo-Center AB now part of Histolab Products AB and the Algol Group
Histolab Products AB has signed an agreement to acquire Histo-Center AB. The acquisition represents a strategic step towards achieving growth and a strong market share.
Histo-Center forms part of the Histolab Group as of the beginning of 2017. The company’s high-quality products shall be developed from now on as part of Histolab’s service portfolio, and the existing job positions within the company shall be retained. The former owner of the company, Kristina Räftegård, shall continue to work for the company until she retires later this year.
“This represents a natural and long-term strategic step that will enable us to further expand our range of services in the future. In this way we can ensure the continuity of our operations and create the basis for future growth,” comments Kristina Räftegård.
“The acquisition of Histo-Center supports our strategy as a growing Nordic service provider. The acquisition will not involve changes for our customers or suppliers. Our target is to expand our service portfolio in line with the growing demands of our customers,” says Olof Jenefeldt, Managing Director of Histolab Products.
Histolab Products AB sells cell diagnostics equipment, chemicals and supplies to laboratories specialising in histology and immunohistochemistry. The company’s head office is located in Gothenburg, Sweden, and it has operations in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. Histolab Products AB is part of the Algol Group, which supplies products and solutions to industry and the healthcare sector in the Nordic, Baltic, Eastern European and Indian markets.