News and Releases
- Johannes Bargum a new member of the Supervisory Board of Algol Ltd » 19.02.2018
- Algol Technics acquires majority shareholding in Co-Automation Oy » 22.01.2018
- Algol Group donates to six charities this Christmas » 14.12.2017
- Algol supports renovation of Olympic Stadium in Helsinki » 14.11.2017
- Algol Group becomes a partner of COBCOE » 02.11.2017
- Kenneth Nystén appointed member of the Algol Supervisory Board » 02.10.2017
- Building technology plays a key role in reducing electricity and energy consumption » 29.06.2017
- Young leaders visit Algol » 17.05.2017
- Algol makes a donation for Crisis Management Initiative » 28.04.2017
- Emergency exercise at Algol warehouses in Espoo on 5 April » 28.03.2017
- Histo-Center AB now part of Histolab Products AB and the Algol Group » 17.03.2017
- Algol Technics and Terex celebrate 60 years of cooperation » 06.01.2017
- Algol sponsors Aalto-Helsinki iGEM team » 18.10.2016
- Biocodex acquires Algol Pharma » 12.09.2016
- Algol Group's financial year 2015: major challenges but also significant progress » 08.08.2016
- CEO’s view: legality, morality and justice » 05.08.2016
- Johan Wulff appointed as Managing Director of Algol Trehab Oy » 29.04.2016
- Martin Evers appointed as the new MD for Algol Technics » 11.04.2016
- Algol Chemicals acquires Indian distributor » 25.01.2016
- Algol Group donates 50,000 euros to university fundraising campaigns » 12.01.2016
- Algol Group awarded new quality and environmental management system certificates » 27.08.2015
- Amixo AB is now part of Algol Chemicals » 01.07.2015
- Thomas Ekström appointed CFO of the Algol Group » 17.06.2015
- Siv Schalin appointed to the board of directors of the Algol Group » 15.06.2015
- Changes in the Diagnostics business of the Algol Group » 08.05.2014
Algol Group donates 50,000 euros to university fundraising campaigns
The Algol Group has donated a total of 50,000 euros to the University of Helsinki, the Aalto University School of Business and the Hanken School of Economics.
By doing so Algol is participating actively in the major fundraising campaign of Finnish universities based on the State co-financing commitment of 2014. Accordingly, State co-financing may amount to a maximum of three times the value of donations. The donations and co-financing shall be invested in funds, and the return on the funds shall be used to support scientific activities and education at these universities.
“High-level scientific research and university education are the cornerstones of Finland’s success and wellbeing now and in the future. Ensuring sufficient funding for our universities in these challenging economic times reflects our long-term and unwavering belief in the power of education. We also know that the exchange of ideas and experiences between universities and the business world enriches both partners,” says Alexander Bargum, Managing Director of the Algol Group.
The last time Algol made such significant donations to Finnish universities was in 2010.
photo: University of Helsinki