News and Releases
- Johannes Bargum a new member of the Supervisory Board of Algol Ltd » 19.02.2018
- Algol Technics acquires majority shareholding in Co-Automation Oy » 22.01.2018
- Algol Group donates to six charities this Christmas » 14.12.2017
- Algol supports renovation of Olympic Stadium in Helsinki » 14.11.2017
- Algol Group becomes a partner of COBCOE » 02.11.2017
- Kenneth Nystén appointed member of the Algol Supervisory Board » 02.10.2017
- Building technology plays a key role in reducing electricity and energy consumption » 29.06.2017
- Young leaders visit Algol » 17.05.2017
- Algol makes a donation for Crisis Management Initiative » 28.04.2017
- Emergency exercise at Algol warehouses in Espoo on 5 April » 28.03.2017
- Histo-Center AB now part of Histolab Products AB and the Algol Group » 17.03.2017
- Algol Technics and Terex celebrate 60 years of cooperation » 06.01.2017
- Algol sponsors Aalto-Helsinki iGEM team » 18.10.2016
- Biocodex acquires Algol Pharma » 12.09.2016
- Algol Group's financial year 2015: major challenges but also significant progress » 08.08.2016
- CEO’s view: legality, morality and justice » 05.08.2016
- Johan Wulff appointed as Managing Director of Algol Trehab Oy » 29.04.2016
- Martin Evers appointed as the new MD for Algol Technics » 11.04.2016
- Algol Chemicals acquires Indian distributor » 25.01.2016
- Algol Group donates 50,000 euros to university fundraising campaigns » 12.01.2016
- Algol Group awarded new quality and environmental management system certificates » 27.08.2015
- Amixo AB is now part of Algol Chemicals » 01.07.2015
- Thomas Ekström appointed CFO of the Algol Group » 17.06.2015
- Siv Schalin appointed to the board of directors of the Algol Group » 15.06.2015
- Changes in the Diagnostics business of the Algol Group » 08.05.2014
Algol Chemicals acquires Indian distributor
Algol Chemicals has today completed the acquisition of Dynamic Orbits Advisory Private Limited (Dynamic Orbits), a specialty chemicals distributor based in Delhi, India. Dynamic Orbits is focusing in the Polymers, Coatings and Life Sciences segments. Furthermore, it offers sourcing and regulatory services for REACH compliance. Dynamic Orbits has its offices and warehouses in Delhi and Mumbai.
“This is an unique opportunity to enter the fast-growing Indian chemicals distribution market. Dynamic Orbits has a proven track record of excellent service, a highly professional and dedicated team and strong business ethics”, says Juha Jokinen, Managing Director of Algol Chemicals. “The acquisition of Dynamic Orbits is the second acquisition made by Algol Chemicals within the past 12 months. We plan to grow our chemicals distribution business also in future.”
“Dynamic Orbits is excited with this new association. Algol is a respected name in the European chemical distribution market. We already have a strong platform in a high-growth geography, and we believe this could be a turning point in our growth strategy”, says BL Bajaj, founder of Dynamic Orbits.
“Expanding to India is a historical milestone for us, but we still see it as a natural part of our overall growth ambition. At the same time, we continue to focus on strengthening and broadening our activities in our existing markets. Mr. BL Bajaj together with Dynamic Orbit’s personnel has spent many years in building up a highly successful business. We are grateful to him for entrusting Algol with the task of continuing that work”, says Alexander Bargum, Algol Group CEO and chairman of Algol Chemicals.
Dynamic Orbits now forms as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Algol Chemicals group, and the relations with customers and suppliers are expected to continue as before. No personnel changes are planned as a result of the transaction.